Just a few months after arriving on property, SD40-3 403 is northbound through Wolf, just a few miles away from beginning loading at Minntac on June 3, 1996. 22 year later, it is still hauling taconite from the Mesabi. Steve Glischinski photo.
A crew poses with Duluth, Missabe & Northern 2-8-0 Consolidation in front of the Proctor back shops. The locomotive was purchased in 1904 and was only on the DM&N for 15 years before it was sold to Oliver Iron Mining to serve the iron ore mines directly. MRHS Archives
Crane X-10 helps remove an unused portion of the Oliver Bridge on May 2, 1975. This span and one on the other end of the bridge would be used to cross Highway 53 north of Virginia as part of a spur to serve the new Minorca pellet plant.